Interest Rates & Fees
Mississippi Land Bank provides farm loans and rural financing to fit your needs, with a full menu of competitive interest rate products:
- Adjustable rates (fixed for terms ranging from 1 to 30 years)
- Fixed rates set for the life of the loan
- Prime and LIBOR-indexed variable rates
- Rates with no prepayment penalty
- 5-, 10-, 15-, 20- and 30-year terms, fixed and variable
- Rate locks available at the time of loan approval
- Open prepayment, which provides an opportunity to select new rate options during the term of the loan without the cost of refinance
Mississippi Land Bank covers the cost of the appraisal and the approval process. From application to closing, we strive to make the process as easy as possible for you, the customer. This may include meeting on your farm, working with the real estate agent, or ensuring that you will have legal access to your property.
- Loan Closing Fee: 1% of loan amount
- Stock Purchase: 2% of loan amount (up to $1,000). This is not actually a fee, but a purchase of Mississippi Land Bank stock that will be refunded to you when the loan pays off.